Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on studymock.com and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
(1). First Heli Expo India & International Civil Helicopter Conclave Inaugurated.
- The 1st Heli Expo India and International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 is inaugurated in New Delhi by the Uttrakhand Tourism Minister Shri Satpal Maharaja ji .
- On this occasion the Secretary, Civil Aviation Shri R.N. Choubey said that India has achieved a growth rate of about 20% in domestic air travel section in the last three years, which is the highest growth rate in the world Civil Aviation Sector.
- This two days 1st Heli Expo India & International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 is organised by Pawan Hans Limited
(2). Hindi litterateur Krishna Sobti has been chosen for Jnanpith Award.
- Hindi litterateur Krishna Sobti has been chosen for Jnanpith Award 2017.
- Born in 1925 in Gujarat, now in Pakistan, Ms. Sobti, 92, is known for experimenting with new writing styles and creating “bold” and “daring” characters in her stories who were ready to accept all challenges.
(3). 21st World Congress of Mental Health held in New Delhi.
- The 21st World Congress of Mental Health was was inaugurated by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi with theme “Partnerships for Mental Health”.
- It was organised by World Federation for Mental Health in partnership with Caring Foundation and other institutions. This is for first time SAARC region hosted this conference.
(4). India sets Guinness world record by cooking 918 kg Khichdi.
- India set Guinness world record by cooking 918 kg Khichdi, a traditional multi-grain dish during three day World Mega Food India event held in New Delhi.
- Mega Food India aimed at transforming the food economy and realizing the vision of doubling of farmers’ income by establishing India as a preferred investment destination and sourcing hub.
- It was first time that India hosted such an event for the food processing sector to strengthen its position as a global food factory.
(5). President of Armenia on a Three-Day Visit to India .
- President of Armenia, Serzh Sargsyan arrived in New Delhi on a three-day visit to India. He attended the World Food India Conference 2017.
- Bilateral dialogue between India and Armenia is conducted through the mechanisms of Foreign Office Consultations and Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological, Cultural and Educational Cooperation.
(6). No Income Tax on sub-Rs2 lakh agriculture cash sale.
- The Income Tax Department clarified that a cultivator’s cash sales of agricultural produce of less than Rs 2 lakh to a trader would be exempted from tax under the Income Tax Act.
- According to a circular from the Department, neither the cultivator nor the trader needs to pay tax on cash sales worth less
than Rs 2 lakh of agricultural produce, from the former to the latter.
(7). Torrent buys Unichem’s India arm
- The domestic pharmaceutical sector, drug firm Torrent Pharmaceuticals would acquire the branded business of Unichem
Laboratories in India and Nepal for Rs3,600 crore.
(8). Italian bakery Bauli may invest €80 mn in India.
- Italian bakery and confectionary major Bauli Group has committed to investing €80 million in lndia to manufacture its range of products in the country for the domestic and export markets.