Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on studymock.com and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
(1). Border Roads Organisation(BRO) builds world’s highest motorable road .
- The Border Roads Organisation has constructed the world’s highest motorable road in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The 86-km-long road passing through Umlingla Top is at a height of over 19,300 feet.
(2). FASTag mandatory for new cars from Dec. 1
- It will be mandatory for all new four-wheelers to have FASTag devices fixed on the front windscreens by automobile manufacturers or authorised dealers.
- A FASTag is a device that employs radio frequency identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it.
(3). SBI cuts home loan rate to 8.3 per cent .
- Home loan rates have been reduced by 5 basis points(bps) .
- SBI’s home loan rates stand at 8.3% for loans up to Rs 30 lakh ,the lowest in the industry, while its car loan rates are at 8.7%.
(4). Indo – Kazakhstan Joint Exercise “PRABAL DOSTYK 2017” Begins
- A fourteen day joint training exercise “PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017” between the Indian Army and the Kazakhstan Army commenced today with the Opening Ceremony at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- The joint exercise is aimed at enhancing the military ties between the two countries as also at achieving interoperability between the two armies. The training contingents comprise of platoon strength from the 11th Gorkha Rifles of the Indian Army and a similar strength of the Kazakhstan Army.
Important Points To Remember For IBPS PO, CLERK MAINS.
- Kazakhstan Capital — Astana
- Kazakhstan Currency — Kazakhstani tenge
(5). PM Narendra Modi inaugurate World Food India 2017.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will inaugurate World Food India 2017 at Vigyan Bhavan New Delhi. WFI is the most anticipated international mega food event.
- The three day mega event has been put together at the initiative of Ministry of Food Processing Industries under the able guidance of Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
- World Food India aims to transform Food Economy and realize the vision of doubling of famers’ income by establishing India as a preferred investment destination and sourcing hub for the global food processing industry.
- This is the first time that India is hosting such an event for the Food processing sector.
- Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal is a Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
(6). Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana launched to promote philately.
- Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha today launched a Pan India scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana to increase the reach of Philately.
- Under the scheme of SPARSH(Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby), it is proposed to award annual scholarships to children of Standard VI to IX having good academic record and also pursuing Philately as a hobby through a competitive selection process in all postal circles.
- Every Postal Circle will select a maximum of 40 scholarships representing 10 students each from Standard VI, VII, VIII & IX. The amount of Scholarship will be Rs. 6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.