Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on studymock.com and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
(1). Cabinet approves National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017 .
- The Union Cabinet has approved introduction of National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017 in Parliament to amend National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) Act, 1993.
(2). Poet-critic K. Satchidanandan selected for Ezhuthachan award .
- Poet-critic K. Satchidanandan has been selected for this year’s Ezhuthachan Puraskaram – the top literary prize of the Kerala government .
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh .
- He has won the Kerala Sahitya Akademi award seven times, beginning 1984.
(3). Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam bags UNESCO award 2017 .
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam, executed through the public-private partnership model, has won
the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit 2017 for cultural heritage conservation .
Important Points to Remember For IBPS PO/Clerk Mains and SSC , Railway
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple — Tamil Nadu
- UNESCO Started — 1945
- UNESCO HQ — Paris
- UNESCO Members — 195
- UNESCO Director General — Audrey Azouley
(4). Bihar Govt approves reservation for contractual postings .
- The reservation policy would be implemented while hiring outsourced employees, including computer executives, IT assistants, drivers, peons and others .
- He added that SCs (Scheduled Caste), STs (Scheduled Tribe), OBCs (Other Backward Class), EBCs (Economically Backward Class), physically challenged people, women and all other categories entitled to reservation would be given the benefit of reservation as per rules.
- The State Cabinet approved a total of 11 proposals in the meeting, including the allocation of Rs 150.64 crore for the setting up of eight Bihar Military Police training Center .
(5). The security of India and Bhutan is “indivisible and mutual” .
- Ram Nath Kovind conveyed deep appreciation for the King of Bhutan’s personal involvement and guidance and the support provided by Bhutan in addressing the recent situation in the Doklam area.
- He added that the manner in which both India and Bhutan stood together to address the situation in the Doklam area is a clear testimony to our friendship.
(6). Seasoned diplomat Ajay Bisaria New envoy to Pakistan .
- Seasoned diplomat Ajay Bisaria, currently the Indian ambassador to Poland, has been appointed the country’s top envoy to Pakistan.
- The 1987-batch IFS officer will succeed Gautam Bambawale, who was last month posted to China.
(7). The Election Commission(EC) took a definitive stand in the Supreme Court that convicted persons should be banned from contesting elections for life.
- The India region will offer several services including computing, big data, storage and networking.
- the new region will help customers build applications and store their data, and significantly improve latency for customers and end users in the area.
- The new Mumbai region joins Singapore, Taiwan, Sydney and Tokyo in Asia Pacific .
(9). Rafael Nadal secured the year-end World No. 1 ranking .
- Rafael Nadal secured the year-end World No. 1 ranking with a 7-5, 6-3 second-round victory over South Korean Hyeon Chung at the Paris .
- The 16-time Grand Slam champion is the oldest man to finish a season at the top of the rankings at the age of 31, having previously achieved the feat in 2008, 2010 and 2013.